WELCOME TO THE
Helping children in need experience the wonders of nature.
IMAGINE a place where fun, nature and kids are the focus. At the EcoPark we are working hard to create a place where kids can be kids; a park that continues to evolve into an ecological wonder.
To provide an ecological experience for children and families in need.
Families in need may not always have the opportunity to enjoy nature and the outdoors. Providing an ecological experience for these families can be a great way to give them a chance to connect with nature, learn about the environment, and create lasting memories.
- Our trails and activity areas are filled with native plants, encouraging plant awareness and education.
- Our water area showcases a natural pond environment.
- A wide variety of birds, mammals, insects, fish and reptiles are there to discover and observe.
- Constructed landscapes provide educational opportunities.
- A campfire space and area for nighttime activities offers an escape from the glare of the city.
- A roofed pavilion for picnics, outdoor crafts and events.
- The parking lot’s permeable paved surface is designed to recharge the water table.
- Environmentally friendly self-composting toilets.
The Graham Family EcoPark is situated on a rehabilitated aggregate site.
At one time hundreds of tons of sand and gravel were extracted daily for the construction of roads and other construction purposes. Once all the gravel and sand was removed Bill Graham, founder of South Winds Development and Try Recycling wanted to completely restore and rehabilitate the site for the use as a very special park.
Bill Graham’s vision and that of the Graham Family is to create a place for children and families to enjoy nature and continually develop an appreciation for the environment.
The Park now holds over 26 acres of ecologically diverse plant life featuring large indigenous trees, interpretive walking trails, a pond with two beaver lodges and many species of wildflowers.
- To create a facility that will be universally accessible to those in need
- To create an environment where a wheel chairs will be seen as a natural thing
- To offer an outdoor environment where kids will be totally exposed to nature
- To create a place that will focus on sustainability
- To focus on environmental principals
- To maintain a balance between education and recreation
- To create an environment that will attract animals and support a wide variety of ecosystems
The Graham Family Eco Park is just minutes from downtown London.
Located at the corner of Medway Road and Clarke Road, (1/2 km east of Clarke Road) Medway Road, you will find the Eco Park entranceway